A forum for people interested in or researching artefacts of the Anglo-Saxon, Viking, medieval and post-medieval periods.
The Finds Research Group (FRG) provides a means by which we can all communicate and discuss topics relevant to the subject of finds identification and interpretation.
Membership is open to everyone interested in finds of the period.
The main activities of the FRG include themed day conferences and meetings, and the production of information sheets on different types of objects (The Finds Research Group Datasheets).
What we do
The Finds Research Group is a forum for people interested in or researching artefacts of the Anglo-Saxon, Viking, medieval and post-medieval periods.
The aim of The Finds Research Group (FRG) is to promote the study of artefacts dating from the post-Roman period up to 1950 by:
- holding meetings to exchange ideas
- viewing and identifying finds
- encouraging research on the material culture dating to this period
- disseminating that research through the publication of Datasheets
- supporting research through The Geoff Egan Prize for Finds Research and The Finds Research Group Fund